[Numpy-discussion] stability of numpy.random.RandomState API?

Barry Wark barrywark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:05:07 EST 2008

I'm just about to embark on a long-term research project and was
planning to use numpy.random to generate stimuli for our experiments.
We plan to store only the parameters and RandomState seed for each
stimulus and I'm concerned about stability of the API in the long
term: will the parameters and random seed we store now work with
future versions of numpy.random? I think I recall that there was a
change in the random seed format some time around numpy 1.0.

Thanks,
Barry