[Numpy-discussion] numpy array serialization with JSON

Simon Palmer simon.palmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:25:31 EST 2008

Does anyone have a recommendation of a library/method for serialization of
numpy arrays to and from text (specifically for the purposes of embedding in
XML)?  I don't want to use pickle or tostring() because my XML has to be
consumable across a variety of programming environments.

I'm currently using simplejson for other array types (list) but it does not
handle numpy arrays.  I could go in and out via a list, but that feels a bit
resource intensive and wasteful just for serializaton.