[Numpy-discussion] New ufuncs

T J tjhnson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:15:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I added log2 and exp2. I still need to do the complex versions. I think
> logaddexp2 should go in also to compliment these.

Same here, especially since logaddexp is present.  Or was the idea
that both logexpadd and logexpadd2 should be moved to scipy.special?

> Note that MPL also defines
> log2 and their version has slightly different properties, i.e., it returns
> integer values for integer powers of two.

I'm just curious now.  Can someone comment on the difference in the
implementation just committed versus that in cephes?

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/special/cephes/exp2.c

The difference won't matter to me as far as usage goes, but I was curious.