[Numpy-discussion] numpy, swig and TNT-Arrays

Rolf Wester rolf.wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de
Tue Nov 11 04:19:26 EST 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Rolf Wester
> <rolf.wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to wrap some C++ classes that use TNT-Arrays. Is it
>> possible to pass numpy arrays to C++ functions that expect TNT-Arrays as
>> function parameter? Does anybody know how the wrappers could be
>> generated using swig? I would be very appreciative for any help.
>>
>> With kind regards
>>

> IIRC, TNT does vectors and matrices, they have constructors, and they are
> contiguous. I think you can make wrappers, but it isn't going to be anything
> straight forward unless you can reuse the memory from a numpy array and I
> don't recall that that sort of constructor is available.
>
> Is TNT still active? It looked pretty dead last time I looked several years
> ago.
>
> Chuck

TNT has constructors like:

TNT::Array1D<double>(int n, double * data)

which do not allocate a new C-array but that use "data" as their data-array.

I'm not sure whether TNT is still actively maintained, the TNT home page
was last modified in 2004, so you are probably right. But the TNT Arrays
are just what I need and I know of no alternative.

Rolf
--
# Dr. Rolf Wester
# EMail: rolf.wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de