[Numpy-discussion] Numpy.test() hangs

James Philbin philbinj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:13:52 EST 2008

> I think this is now fixed in svn, I'm trying to see if static fixes the
> problem with the old buggy version. What optimization level is numpy being
> compiled with?
Still a problem here:

In [1]: import numpy as np

In [2]: np.__version__
Out[2]: '1.3.0.dev6011'

In [3]: np.log1p(np.array([1],dtype='f'))
... hangs ...

I'm not exactly sure how to get the exact numpy cflags (the gcc
invocation is hidden from me), but setup.py outputs the following at
various points:
C compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC

I'm haven't added any cflags, just running 'python setup.py build'.

James