[Numpy-discussion] toward python 2.6: mtrand, gettimeofday and mingw

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:39:47 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM, David Cournapeau <
david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Charles R Harris wrote:
> >

> > It builds on Debian SPARC lenny also. The freeBSD buildbot has a
> > configuration problem because  Daniel tried to help you out by
> > building ATLAS, but I think 1.3 is now building on all the standard
> > platforms.
>
> FreeBSD ATLAS port looked buggy to me when I tried, because it depended
> on some math functions like sqrtl which are not in the FreeBSD library
> (they are commented out in the math.h, and the symbols are not in the
> library). If you build without ATLAS, it works OK, so for me, this has
> nothing to do with us anymore.

That's what I figured. The problem with the windows buildbot was a conflict
with the builtin intrinsic function tanhf, which wasn't in the library.  The
solution was to do

static float npy_tanhf(
#define tanhf npy_tanhf

and so avoid the name clash.