[Numpy-discussion] Proposal for changing the names of inverse trigonometrical/hyperbolic functions

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 24 19:40:16 EST 2008

Matthew Brett wrote:
> numpy.asum numpy.arange numpy.amax etc all have the intended meaning
> of 'a-for-array-version-of-function'.   This obviously isn't the case
> for 'acos'.

actually, it is, isn't it? a version of math.cos that works for arrays?

But anyway, if we had it to do all over again, I'd never suggest that
anyone use "import *", and I would have called all those numpy.range,
numpy.max, etc.

no, I'm not suggesting that we break the API now....

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov