[Numpy-discussion] 2D phase unwrapping

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:22:10 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 04:19, Fabrice Silva <silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 novembre 2008 à 09:17 +0200, Nadav Horesh a écrit :
>> Is there a 2D phase unwrapping for python?
>> I read a presentation by GERI (http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/GERI) that their code is implemented in scipy, but I could not find it.
>
> I had the same problem a couple of days ago! Playing with the unwrap
> function and the axis argument, I still did not managed to get rid of
> these *** lines!

2D phase unwrapping is a very tricky problem, particularly if you have
noise. I don't expect that you will have much success just applying
the 1D unwrap in various ways. The algorithms are fairly
sophisticated.

Links to the GERI C++ code appear to be here:

  http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/GERI/90207.htm

You do have to click through a restrictive license, though.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco