[Numpy-discussion] PyArray_New bug?

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 4 10:56:04 EDT 2008

Hi,
  PyArray_New seems to return a fortran contiguous array regardless of the
requested array type. I am using numpy version 1.1.1.

PyObject *obj = PyArray_New( &PyArray_Type, 2, dims, /*whatever*/, NULL,
                                 NULL, 0, NPY_CARRAY, NULL );
PyObject *obj = PyArray_New( &PyArray_Type, 2, dims, /*whatever*/, NULL,
                                 NULL, 0, NPY_FARRAY, NULL );

Both the above return a array who PyArray_ISFORTRAN( obj ) succeeds. I can
verify this by checking bits 0 and 1 (LSB is bit 0) of PyArray_FLAGS.

Regards,
Ravi