[Numpy-discussion] cannot find numpy 1.2 for python 2.6 on window

Hanni Ali hanni.ali at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 08:08:48 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Yeah nose was an issue, thanks for letting me know about nose compatibility
being sorted that's good news as I use it a bit with my testing.

I last built 1.1.1 with express for 32bit it went fine (although I think you
do have to comment out , I was also able to compile with 2008 full for
64-bit platform, my next goal is to see if i can sort out blas etc. external
libs on 64bit.

>From the "Installation info" thread around the 30th May I had reported the
one oddity I  had encountered with the VS compiler

> In order to get numpy to compile I
> have commented out a small part which was causing compilation to fail:
>
> numpy\core\src\umathmodule.c.src(64) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'
> numpy\core\src\umathmodule.c.src(70) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'
>
> This relates to this section of code:
>
> #ifndef HAVE_FREXPF
> static float frexpf(float x, int * i)
> {
>     return (float)frexp((double)(x), i);
> }
> #endif
> #ifndef HAVE_LDEXPF
> static float ldexpf(float x, int i)
> {
>     return (float)ldexp((double)(x), i);
> }
> #endif

At the time I had tried to send further output following a checkout, but
couldn't get it to post to the list, I think the message was too big or
something. I will probably be having a go with 1.2.0, when I get some time.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Hanni