[Numpy-discussion] can't build numpy 1.2.0 under python 2.6 (windows-amd64) using VS9

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 10 09:58:49 EDT 2008

Ravi wrote:

> Michael Abshoff already responded to the ATLAS question. I don't have access
> to a 64-bit Windows. Given the volume of legacy 32-bit applications where I
> work, there is no chance of 64-bit Windows access for me for at least 2 years.

Windows 64 actually has a very nice feature: WoW (windows on windows).
It can executes any 32 bits software, AFAIK (which does not run in ring
0 of course).

> VS2008 with 32-bit windows should not have any problems (as you mentioned on
> the Wiki page referenced above).

I wish it were true :) I can't build numpy with mingw ATM, because of
bugs in mingw. Things like:

http://bugs.python.org/issue3308

>  What needs to be done to figure out msvc9
> support on mingw and how can I help? I am a Windows n00b (mostly by choice)
> when it comes to platform-specific issues.

Then, I am afraid you won't be of much help, ufortunately.

cheers,

David