[Numpy-discussion] numpy fileIO

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 11:25:46 EDT 2008

I am seeing all the OSS for this purpose but I would stick to use pure python and the scene graph I am developing for the application. I already did some test using pyOpenGL/python/wx.GLcanvas and a large data set of roughly 4000+ objects consisting nearly 1 million polygons using display lists and results were more then satisfactory. Although it was done quickly and preformence can be improved further by code optimizations. numpy can play a crucial role
in my application and I have to make sure before pinning down any decisions regarding tools and techniques I would be using.

Prashant