[Numpy-discussion] Octave-numpy bridge?

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Mon Oct 20 11:32:22 EDT 2008

Hi all,
  Is anyone aware of a bridge between octave & numpy? As I port stuff from
Matlab to numpy, I noticed that most of my Matlab code has workarounds that
allow the code to be used from octave. My current methodology for porting is
to use octave to generate inputs/outputs for a function, then write the
results out in HDF5, read them into python+numpy, and compare the results.
This would be much faster, especially when dealing with mex files, if I could
use octave from my ipython shell, a la mlabwrap.
  I searched the web but did not find anything on this topic that was recent.

Regards,
Ravi