[Numpy-discussion] windows install problem for 1.2

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Oct 21 06:12:37 EDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:

> I don't mind hosting them somewhere else.  Do you have some place in mind?

I was wondering why scipy.org could not be used :)

> Google Code looks like it has a 10MB file size limit:
> http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=56621&topic=10456
>
> Launchpad seems to be considering upping their limit to 200MB:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/254052
>
> The scipy server can't handle the load or bandwidth needed.
>
> My first inclination would be to look at Launchpad:
> https://launchpad.net/numpy
> https://launchpad.net/scipy
>
> How do you like releasing files on launchpad?

I found it cumbersome enough so that I stopped using it, and only
uploaded it through pypi (which is straightfoward to use, but has a
limit of 5 Mb I believe) for numscons.

Now, since they have started having a public API since this summer,
there is hope for a scriptable process:

http://news.launchpad.net/api/recipe-for-uploading-files-via-the-api

But the beta for the public API is not public yet (it is not difficult
to apply, though, it takes an email + a couple of days, at least that
was the case a few weeks ago). Also, there are still no real tools
around it yet.

cheers,

David