[Numpy-discussion] Timeseries scikit - dates prior to 1900

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:57:17 EDT 2008

Bevan,
After digging a bit, I don't think it's gonna be possible any time soon to
print a date w/ a year prior 1900. The reason is that we use the
datetime.strftime under the hood, and this method is intrinsicly limited to
years after 1900.
Note that this limitation affects only printing and date representation. You
should be able to safely use the modulewith dates prior the XXth century.
We'll put your comment on the TODO list, though. Still, it might not be
implemented before a while.
Sorry for any inconvenience,
Sincerely,
P.