[Numpy-discussion] docs.scipy.org -- new site for the documentation marathon

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 26 13:25:07 EDT 2008

Thanks so much for doing this.  It looks great.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> Now, the role of docs.scipy.org warrants discussion, because on the one
> hand, the domain "docs.scipy.org" looks very official, and on the other
> hand, "scipy.org/Documentation" claims to be the place for official
> documentation. What do you think: should we use the current front page
> of docs.scipy.org, shifting the focus and entry point of documentation
> to the Sphinx-generated pages, or still keep the focus on the Moin wiki
> at scipy.org?

docs.scipy.org should be the official documentation.  The Moin wiki
documentation served its purpose, but now there is something much
better.

I propose that the 'Documentation' sidebar on http://www.scipy.org/
point to http://docs.scipy.org.  Eventually, I would like to see all
the content from http://www.scipy.org/Documentation move into the
Sphinx-based system (and then we can just delete the Moin page).
Until that happens we can just leave the link on http://docs.scipy.org
to http://www.scipy.org/.

Also I have cross-posted my response to the numpy list, but let's have
this discussion on the scipy developer's list going forward.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley