[Numpy-discussion] Automatic differentiation (was Re: second-order gradient)

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:42:29 EDT 2008

> In your experience, is this functionality enough to start a separate
> package, or should we try to include it somewhere else?  Otherwise we
> could think of a new SciKit.

I confess to knowing no details about scikits so I don't know what the
difference really is between a "new package" and a scikit. To do this
properly you'd end up with a sizable body of code, and the potential
dependency on Sympy would also suggest making it somewhat separate.
I'd defer to others on that point, although I don't really see what
other package it would naturally fit with because AD has multiple
applications.

-Rob