[Numpy-discussion] numpy build on windows

Miroslav Sabljic civija at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:08:58 EDT 2008

Hy people!

I'm quite a newbie regarding numpy so please excuse if I'm asking
stupid questions.
I need to build Python and couple of his site-packages on Windows
using Visual studio 2008. I've built Python 2.5.1 and now it's turn to
build numpy and I'm quite stuck because numpy build process is a
little confusing for me. So far I've read the instructions on
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows and created site.cfg
file with the following content:

[mkl]
include_dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MKL\10.0.012\include
library_dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MKL\10.0.012\ia32\lib
mkl_libs = mkl_ia32, mkl_c_dll, libguide40
lapack_libs = mkl_lapack

It keeps telling me that it can't find mkl_ia32, mkl_c_dll and
libguide40 at the following location but these libs are there.

Could you please instruct me to some detailed build howto for windows
and MSVC compiler? I would appreciate any help just to get this done
and build it.

I've attached a log file, output of 'python setup.py config'.

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
  Miroslav