[Numpy-discussion] just curious...why does numpy.where() return tuples?

Mark Miller markperrymiller at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:14:31 EDT 2008

Just for my own benefit, I am curious about this.

I am running into problems because I need to archive the result (tuple)
returned by a numpy.where statement.  Pickle does not seem to like to deal
with numpy scalars, and numpy's archiving functions (memmap) can't work on
the tuple that gets returned by the where functions (I think).

Is there a way around this?  All would be good if the where statements
actually returned numpy arrays instead.

Thanks,

-Mark