[Numpy-discussion] planning for numpy 1.3.0 release

David Cournapeau cournapeau at cslab.kecl.ntt.co.jp
Tue Sep 9 01:54:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 17:12 -0700, Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Now that 1.2.0 is almost finalized, I wanted to ask everyone to start
> thinking about what they plan to work on for the next minor release:
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.3.0
>
> We have been gradually moving toward a more time-based release
> schedule over the last several months.  In this vein, I would like to
> move feature and code discussion and planning to the beginning of the
> release cycle, rather than waiting until the end of the release cycle.
>  So if there is something that you would like to work on during this
> release cycle, please bring it up now.
>
> Also it is important for us to keep the trunk as stable as possible;
> if you wish to work on a major new feature or an significant
> refactoring of the codebase, please work in a branch.

Hi Jarrod, hi everyone,

	Here are some things I would like to work/seen fixed on for 1.3:
		- fix VS 2003 compilation for mtrand.c (numpy is not buildable with VS
2003.2005.2008 ATM because of a compiler limitation)
		- clean umathmodule (work almost done in the clean_math branch, still
need some testing on windows and solaris before merging).

Something else I would like to see is integration of numscons into numpy
trunk ? I am not talking about making numscons the default build, just
about the availability of numscons with numpy sources (the main
rationale for this is my own convenience: tracking different numpy
version is just too much work for me, having it integrated in numpy svn
would be helpful).

cheers,

David