[Numpy-discussion] planning for numpy 1.3.0 release

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:03:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Now that 1.2.0 is almost finalized, I wanted to ask everyone to start
> thinking about what they plan to work on for the next minor release:
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.3.0
>
> We have been gradually moving toward a more time-based release
> schedule over the last several months.  In this vein, I would like to
> move feature and code discussion and planning to the beginning of the
> release cycle, rather than waiting until the end of the release cycle.

Something else which could be nice - but arguably difficult depending
on what is needed - is making sure numpy does work with python 2.6. I
am saying this because I just saw Barry Warsaw mentioning splitting
python 2.6/3.0 releases date such as python 2.6 will be integrated in
next version of Mac OS X.

cheers,

David