[Numpy-discussion] F2py errors still

Blubaugh, David A. dblubaugh at belcan.com
Thu Sep 11 17:42:17 EDT 2008

To All,

I am still not sure as to why this is not working.  I believe it could
be my windows environment variables.  However, I have set these
variables based on the following webpage:

http://www.scipy.org/F2PY_Windows

The error that I obtain is the following:

C:\python25\python C:\python25\scripts\f2py.py -c --fcomplier=gnu95
--compiler=mingw32 -m foo foo.f90

running build
running scons
No module named msvccompiler in numpy.distutils; trying from distutils
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

Why that I need to have Visual Studio 2003 is beyond me.  Does anyone
have any suggestions.

David Blubaugh

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the
message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in
correcting this error is appreciated.