[Numpy-discussion] isnan and co: cleaning up

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Sun Sep 14 19:21:05 EDT 2008

The following seems relevant in this thread.

On a Mac, OS X 10.4, I just rebuilt from SVN and got

compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -I/Library/
Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -c'
gcc: _configtest.c
_configtest.c: In function 'main':
_configtest.c:4: error: 'isnan' undeclared (first use in this function)
_configtest.c:4: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
_configtest.c:4: error: for each function it appears in.)
_configtest.c: In function 'main':
_configtest.c:4: error: 'isnan' undeclared (first use in this function)
_configtest.c:4: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
_configtest.c:4: error: for each function it appears in.)
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccTy1pzZ.out
_configtest.c: In function 'main':
_configtest.c:4: error: 'isnan' undeclared (first use in this function)
_configtest.c:4: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
_configtest.c:4: error: for each function it appears in.)
_configtest.c: In function 'main':
_configtest.c:4: error: 'isnan' undeclared (first use in this function)
_configtest.c:4: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
_configtest.c:4: error: for each function it appears in.)
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccTy1pzZ.out
failure.
removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o

followed by a failure for "isinf".

It kept on going and finished the compile cleanly, so I don't know if
this is an informational warning or an indication of a suppressed
error that shouldn't have been suppressed.  Should that error message
be there?  In my understanding, errors are bad.

I tried looking for where that test as being done, but it seems to be
somewhere in SCons (in numpy/core/SConscript) and I figured it would
be easier than ask than to root around.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com