[Numpy-discussion] ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence.

Lisa Delgado LisaAnnDelgado at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:05:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I had previously run a program successfully when using numpy 1.1.0. I just
downloaded the Enthought Python Distribution, which has numpy 1.0.4 and am now
having problems running my program. I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/Lisa/Documents/Dissertation work/PythonPrograms/NashEq.py", line
57, in <module>
    EffortCosts[i,j] = buyeragents[i][j]
ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
Lisa