[Numpy-discussion] building numpy locally but get error: undefined symbol: zgesdd_

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 05:06:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:38 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>>
>> I am really sorry for all this trouble. The last solution you could try,
>> with a bit old packages is my own repository, with Centos packages:
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ashigabou/CentOS_5/

I could test the above on a real Centos machine: it does work
flawlessly. You just have to put the .repo file into /etc/yum.repo.d,
and then:

sudo yum install python-numpy python-scipy

I was not sure it was working with centos, but now that I do, that's
certainly the path to the least pain in your case,

cheers,

David