[Numpy-discussion] Medians that ignore values

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Sep 20 03:13:36 EDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:

> I would be happy to implement nan sorts if someone can provide me with
> a portable and easy way to detect nans for single, double, and long
> double floats. And not have it fail if the architecture doesn't
> support nans. I think getting all the needed nan detection and setup
> in place is the first step for anything else.

I guess you mean when isnan is available but broken, since we do not
support platforms without IEEE 754 support ? I want to take care of this
for my umathmodule cleaning (all the configuration checks/replacements
are in place; if we want to be paranoid, we could check whether isnan
works for all types if found on the system).

cheers,

David