[Numpy-discussion] profiling line by line

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Sun Sep 21 03:26:15 EDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 02:09, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:
>> Robert Kern wrote:
>>> Oops! It's now pushed.
>> Thanks, it builds ok now! But then cProfile is also new in 2.5. - I
>> should probably upgrade and stop bothering you :-)
>
> Actually, if you pull again, I've just pushed my changes to remove the
> hard dependency on cProfile.

Cool, then I have another one:

$ ./kernprof.py -l pystone.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./kernprof.py", line 173, in ?
     sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
   File "./kernprof.py", line 138, in main
     import line_profiler
   File
"/home/share/software/packages/line_profiler-2ea515d0cbc1/line_profiler.py",
line 9, in ?
     from _line_profiler import LineProfiler as CLineProfiler
   File "_line_profiler.pyx", line 3, in _line_profiler
(_line_profiler.c:2246)
     from cProfile import label
ImportError: No module named cProfile

Or do I call the profiler in a wrong way?

r.