[Numpy-discussion] Proper NaN handling in max and co: a redux

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 26 00:15:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

    We started a small document to gather all information given in
Anne (Archibald) for useful comments/additions/typo corrections:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/ProperNanHandling

We describe approaches taken by R and matlab for the relevant functions,
and possible approaches to take in numpy. I have an patch almost ready
(with tests) for the approach "Returning NaN" (Chuck said he would be
willing to implement the sort/argsort part, which is the part missing in
my current implementation).

I think it would be nice for 1.3.0,

cheers,

David