[Numpy-discussion] Are there command similar as Matlab find command?

frank wang f.yw at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 00:30:22 EDT 2008

Hi, Robert,

Thank you very much for clarification of this.

I really do not know the difference of debug mode and the pdb debugger. To me, it seems that pdb is only way to debug the python code. How do the expert of numpy/python debug their code? Are there any more efficient way to debug the code in python world? I used to use matlab which comes with a nice debugger. But now I really want to try the open source software and I found python/numpy is a nice tool. The only lagging piece of python/numpy comparing with matlab is the powerful debuggign capability.

Onece again, I really appreciate the help I got from the forum.

Frank> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:22:14 -0500> From: robert.kern at gmail.com> To: numpy-discussion at scipy.org> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Are there command similar as Matlab find command?> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 20:16, frank wang <f.yw at hotmail.com> wrote:> > Thanks for the help.> >> > It seems that the where command has problem when I tried to run it in the> > debug mode. It does not return any thing such as:> >> > (Pdb) aa=array([1,2,3,4]> > (Pdb) where(aa>2)> > <stdin>(1)<module>()> >> c:\dhg\docsis\lab_test\parseadc.py(70)parsempeg()> > -> bb=array(fid).astype('int')> > (Pdb)> >> > It does not return any result.> > It's worth noting that that is not a "debug mode" of the interpreter;> it's the pdb debugger, a separate piece of software which is used in> an entirely different manner. Specifically, pdb has a "where" command> which is what you are getting here.> > (Pdb) ?where> w(here)> Print a stack trace, with the most recent frame at the bottom.> An arrow indicates the "current frame", which determines the> context of most commands. 'bt' is an alias for this command.> > -- > Robert Kern> > "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless> enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as> though it had an underlying truth."> -- Umberto Eco> _______________________________________________> Numpy-discussion mailing list> Numpy-discussion at scipy.org> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion