[Numpy-discussion] Upper and lower envelopes

bevan bevan07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:06:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have some XY data.  I would like to generate the equations for an upper and
lower envelope that excludes a percentage of the data points.

I would like to define the slope of the envelope line (say 3) and then have my
code find the intercept that fits my requirements (say 5% of data below the
lower envelope).  This would then give me the equation and I could plot the
upper and lower envelopes.

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks for any help.