[Numpy-discussion] 1.3.0 release notes erratum

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Mon Apr 6 09:18:58 EDT 2009

Hi David,

Thanks again for bundling in the architecture-specification flag into
the numpy superpack installers: being able to choose sse vs. nosse
installs is really helpful to me, and from what I hear, many others as
well!

Anyhow, I just noticed (sorry I didn't see this before the release) a
minor erratum in the release note wrt this feature, which reads:
> Automatic arch detection can now be bypassed from the command line
> for the superpack installed:
>
>         numpy-1.3.0-superpack-win32.exe /arch=nosse
>
> will install a numpy which works on any x86, even if the running
> computer
> supports SSE set.

However, the actual command-line should be:
numpy-1.3.0-superpack-win32.exe /arch nosse

Probably anyone advanced enough to use this feature would figure that
out, but no harm being clear...

Thanks,
Zach