[Numpy-discussion] Blas / lapack / binary installers...

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Wed Apr 8 17:30:30 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 12:44:02PM -0700, Matthew Brett wrote:
> lapack libraries that numpy is built against, with the numpy binary
> installers?

You mean the unlinked libraries (.a or .so), and the corresponding
headers, I believe.

I would rephrase the problem in a more general way: would it be possible
to have so way that a project using scipy or numpy at runtime could use
numpy's blas (or even better, scipy's lapack, that way we are garantied
to have a real lapack) in its C code.

I am not sure at all what the right strategy to do this it, this is why I
rephrased Matthew's question in a more general way.

Gaël