[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:11:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 21:38, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/4/9 David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes.
> >
> > Do you have any windows developers (I am sorry, I am not familiar at
> > all with sympy)?
> >
> > My main concern with git are:
> >  - you may need the command line
> >  - the index can be confusing (you can avoid learning it at first, but
> > still some errors won't make sense before you get it).
> >  - git is not discoverable (you need to read some documentation)
>
> I tried to install git on my computer, as git-svn seemed so nice. I
> tried git-svn and it told me that some .pm files are missing. Why did
> it install git-svn if some files are missing? And why isn't it
> possible to get some information on how to install those missing files
> on the Internet.
>
> git seems nice, but lacks documentation and usability :|
>
> Matthieu

The saying that git lacks documentation and usability was a long-long ago
history in my eyes. Although I'm not a sympy developer nor numpy developer
but I use git for my own project and enjoy working with it. You may find
some useful documentation here:

http://git-scm.com/

and a tutorial:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html

What really lacks is a little bit learning and using.

--
Cheers,
Grissiom