[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 9 13:29:00 EDT 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> I don't think git-svn work well
> or at all on windows.

This brings up a key issue for Python: git does not support Windows very
well -- which makes sense, given its history with Linux kernel development.

I personally use SVN primarily form the command line on all systems,
though Tortoise is very nice on Windows. It looks like there is indeed a
TortoiseGit -- anyone know hoe complete/stable it is?

Anyway, the multi-platform and multiple tools support of SVN is amazing,
and this is a big deal -- we're really better off with a system with
good tool support on all platforms.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov