[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Apr 10 01:45:05 EDT 2009

Ondrej Certik wrote:

> It is maybe easier to learn how to work with different clones, but
> once you start working with lots of patches and you need to reclone
> all the time, then it's the wrong approach to work, as it takes lots
> of time to copy the whole repository on the disk.

Yes, *I* know how to use git, and I agree with you, I vastly prefer git
branch handling to bzr branch handling. *I* find working with GUI for
VCS a real PITA. But I am not the only numpy developer, that's why the
feedback from people like Josef with a totally different workflow than
me is valuable - much more than people like us who are unix geeks :)

David