[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:26:27 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Eric Firing wrote:
>>
>> Sure enough, that is what I was looking for.  (gitweb doesn't seem to
>> have the annotate [or blame, in git-speak] option, or the graph.)
>>

> It indeed does not support blame, which is a bit of a shame, as git
> blame is so much better than svn blame (it  automatically detects some
> code moves).
>

>> It probably does--it is written in python.
>>

> Yes, but it is just a script to call git-daemon. I am somewhat doubtful
> that it would work on windows, but I would love being proven wrong :)

I looked briefly at the source of gitserve and it's posix only, too
many functions that won't work on windows including fork, and the cgi
script is in perl.

hg serve works well even in my 1 year old mercurial install, however I
didn't find history by subtree which is my favorite in trac, e.g.
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/log/trunk/scipy/stats

Josef