[Numpy-discussion] recommendations on goodness of fit functions?

Brennan Williams brennan.williams at visualreservoir.com
Mon Apr 13 20:28:42 EDT 2009

Hi numpy/scipy users,

I'm looking to add some basic goodness-of-fit functions/plots to my app.

I have a set of simulated y vs time data and a set of observed y vs time
data.

The time values aren't always the same, i.e. there are often fewer
observed data points.

Some variables will be in a 0.0...1.0 range, others in a 0.0.....1.0e+12
range.

I'm also hoping to update the calculated goodness of fit value at each
simulated timestep, the idea being to allow the user to  set a tolerance
level which if exceeded stops the simulation (which otherwise can keep
running for many hours/days).

Thanks

Brennan