[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Apr 16 02:27:24 EDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
> It is David's desire to
> distribute numpy builds with optimized BLASes that does not fit into
> eggs, not numpy. Plain numpy eggs are really straightforward.

There may be a misunderstanding: I would not mind distributing something
without optimized BLAS. Not using atlas at all would be easier for me,
but I think some people were against that when we discussed the matter
some time ago. But I think it would be confusing to have an optimized
numpy from .exe and an unoptimized numpy from eggs on the same machine.
I am afraid we would have people complaining about this instead of
complaining about the lack of eggs.

David