[Numpy-discussion] patching docs

Joe Harrington jh at physics.ucf.edu
Fri Apr 24 16:41:36 EDT 2009

> 2009/4/24 william ratcliff <william.ratcliff at gmail.com>:
> > Actually, if I look here:
> > http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.core.fromnumeric.put/
> >
> > The text that appears in by browser is:
> >
> > put(a, ind, v, mode='raise')
> >
> > Changes specific elements of one array by replacing from another array.

> This is pretty cryptic.  I've changed it to

> """
> put(a, ind, v, mode='raise')
>
> Replaces specified elements of an array with given values.
> """

> Your error report was correct.  I've changed the x to an a.

Ok, I thought you were complaining that the a and x in the examples
were not consistently using the same variable (which is not
super-important but Ralf fixed it anyway).  Now I see that you were
saying that the variable name in parameters was not the same as that
in the example.  Good catch.  I've now made the examples all use a.
Also, the example in the extended summary was very unpythonic, so I
removed the loop.  I think that's ok but someone tell me if it's not,
or just go fix it.  I did test it on a case like one of the examples
and it worked.

Thanks,

--jh--