[Numpy-discussion] Is this a bug in numpy.distutils ?

Dave dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:34:44 EDT 2009

David Cournapeau <david <at> ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> You need to do as follows, if you want to control from the command line:
>
> python setup.py build -c mingw32 bdist_wininst
>
> That's how I build the official binaries .
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Running the command:

C:\dev\src\numpy>python setup.py build -c mingw32 bdist_wininst > build.txt

still gives me the error:

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I tried without a distutils.cfg file and deleted the build directory both times.

In case it helps the bulid log should be available from
http://pastebin.com/m607992ba

Am I doing something wrong?

-Dave