[Numpy-discussion] memmap capability

Tom Kuiper kuiper at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 7 14:05:14 EDT 2009

If this appears twice, forgive me.  I sent it previously (7:13 am PDT)
via a browser interface to JPL's Office Outlook.  I have doubts about
this system.  This time, from Iceweasel through our SMTP server.

There are two things I'd like to do using memmap.  I suspect that they
are impossible but maybe I'm missing some subtlety.
1) I would like to append rows to a memmap array and have the modified
array changed on disk also.
2) I would like to have the memory view of the array on disk change,
i.e., modify the offset for an opened array.
The only way I can think of involves opening and closing arrays repeatedly.

Regards

Tom Kuiper