[Numpy-discussion] passing "import numpy as np" as python command arg in 'doze

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:20:08 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 16:16, David Goldsmith<d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi!  Please remind: running python in the Windows Terminal (DOS command prompt), how does one pass the command "import numpy as np"?  I tried 'python "import numpy as np"', to no avail.

$ python -h
usage: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/PythonApp.app/Contents/MacOS/PythonApp
[option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Options and arguments (and corresponding environment variables):
-c cmd : program passed in as string (terminates option list)

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco