[Numpy-discussion] ANN: qimage2ndarray - converting between QImages and numpy.ndarrays

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:49:27 EST 2009

2009/12/2 Hans Meine <meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de>:

> PS: Now that I am announcing this, I suddenly have the feeling that I should
> have talked with some lawyer (or Phil) about possible license issues because
> of PyQt.  I really hope there will not turn out to be problems with this.

The PyQt license has an explicit provision that allows you to build
BSD-licensed libraries and applications that use PyQt. The final
application as a whole (i.e. when combined with PyQt) must be
distributed according to the appropriate PyQt license, either GPL or
Commercial, of course, but your BSD library is fine to include in that
application. Look at the file GPL_EXCEPTION.TXT .

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco