[Numpy-discussion] Python 3K merge

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Dec 3 10:33:44 EST 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:23:28 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>>
>>> I think I should rebase my branch on this, or vice versa, to avoid
>>> further duplicated work.
>>>
>> I think I will just commit my branch to the trunk once ASAP - I expect
>> more breakage from my code than yours, and the sooner the better for
>> distutils-related changes.
>>

> Ok, I'll follow that up with the more innocuous changesets

Ok, the patch is being commited to the trunk right now. I have not
thoroughly tested it, but at least python 2.4/2.6/3.1 all build (up to
the first build failure for 3.1 of course), without the need to apply
2to3 to numpy.distutils.

Also, do not forget the NPY_SEPARATE_COMPILATION option - it makes an
appreciable difference when compiling partial build :)

cheers,

David