[Numpy-discussion] another numpy/ATLAS problem

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Dec 5 21:04:57 EST 2009

la, 2009-12-05 kello 20:27 -0500, David Warde-Farley kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I've briefly been trying to figure out how to work around this, but
> I'm a bit confused. I was under the (mistaken?) impression that the
> f2c'd code in dlapack_lite.c, zlapack_lite.c and dlamch.c was only
> used in the absence of an external BLAS/LAPACK, so that NumPy can fall
> back on its own; yet these are the only places dlamc3_ is referenced.

I think your impression is not mistaken, the f2c'd stuff really is
intended to be included only when a real lapack is not available. And
lamc3_ is not called in lapack_litemodule.c...

Even more curiously, dlamc3_ is actually included in dlamch.c, so if
that file is included in the build, one would expect the routine be
available...

Perhaps there is some distutils mystery going on, maybe the depends list
becomes reordered or something, messing up the list of files included in
the build.

In fact, I don't understand why linalg/setup.py uses a callback to
construct the source file list -- it would be simpler to construct the
source file list before passing it on to config.add_extension.

Can you try to change linalg/setup.py so that it *only* includes
lapack_litemodule.c in the build?

--
Pauli Virtanen