[Numpy-discussion] Release blockers for 1.4.0 ?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:25:07 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the faulty global seterr() has been in place
> since 1.1.0, so fixing it at all should be considered a feature
> change. It's not likely to actually *break* things except for doctests
> and documentation. I think I fall in with Chuck in suggesting that it
> should be changed in 1.5.0.

OK. I'll work on fixing the remaining issues when a np function is applied on a masked array.

FYI. most of the warnings can be fixed in _MaskedUnaryOperation and consorts with:

        err_status_ini = np.geterr()
        np.seterr(divide='ignore', invalid='ignore')
        result = self.f(da, db, *args, **kwargs)
        np.seterr(**err_status_ini)

Is this kind of fix acceptable ?