[Numpy-discussion] more recfunctions, structured array help

John [H2O] washakie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:32:44 EST 2009

Pierre GM-2 wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2009, at 7:27 PM, John [H2O] wrote:
>> Maybe I should add, I'm looking at this thread:
>> http://old.nabble.com/masked-record-arrays-td26237612.html
>>
>> And, I guess I'm in the same situation as the OP there. It's not clear to
>> me, but as best I can tell I am working with structured arrays (that's
>> from
>> np.rec.fromrecords creates, no?).
>>
>> Anyway, perhaps the simplest thing someone could do to help is to show
>> how
>> to create a masked structured array.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> (Note to self: one of us all's gonna have to write some doc about that...)

Pierre,

Do you have access to the docs. For now, this is indeed very helpful. Thanks
for the description. I would recommend just adding this at least as a note
to the page:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/basics.rec.html

Just a thought.... now I'm going to experiment and see if I can figure out
how to pick and choose one data structure to work with! ;)