[Numpy-discussion] Histogram - removing the "new" keyword for 1.4

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:04:14 EST 2009

Hi all,

A long time ago, it was decided to change the default behaviour of the
histogram function. The new behaviour has been the default in 1.3 and usage
of the old behaviour has raised a warning.  According to the timeline
discussed at the time, version 1.4 would be the time to remove the old stuff
entirely. I was wondering if this was satisfactory for all, or if someone
still depends on "new=False" ? I don't think there is any harm in keeping it
around until 1.5, we'd just have to update the docstring to reflect this. Of
course, following the original plan would be better.

I'm sorry to bring this so late in the release cycle.

Cheers,

David Huard