[Numpy-discussion] nan_to_num and bool arrays

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:14:19 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 14:41, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So I agree that it should leave the input untouched when a non-float
>> dtype is used for some array-like input.
>
> Would only one line need to be changed? Would changing
>
> if not issubclass(t, _nx.integer):

> if not issubclass(t, _nx.integer) and not issubclass(t, _nx.bool_):
>
> do the trick?

That still leaves strings, voids, and objects. I recommend:

  if issubclass(t, _nx.inexact):

Arguably, one should handle nan float objects in object arrays and
float columns in structured arrays, but the current code does not
handle either of those anyways.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."