[Numpy-discussion] Few minor issues with numscons

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:00:05 EST 2009

David,

I am trying to use numscons to build a project and am running into
some problems:

Two smaller issues and one show stopper.  First, the smaller ones:

* The web presense of numscons is currently very confusing.  There are
a couple of locations with info about it, but the most prominent ones
appear to be quite outdated:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/NumScons

...refers to...

https://code.launchpad.net/numpy.scons.support

Which is no longer being used and doesn't have any links to the most
recent versions  I had to hunt for a while to find the develoment
repo, which is on github and the most recent release, which is now at
pypi.

It is probably a good idea to update these locations so as not to
confuse new folks (or old folks too).

* The scons/scons-local subdir is not installed when running python
setup.py install.  I had to use python setupegg.py to get this to
install in the right place.

I will send a different email in a second about the show stopper as it
is a bigger topic related to a numpy bug.

Cheers,

Brian